Photo via Sun Sentinel
By: Jesse Nadelman- Staff Writer
R.M.F. Respect 25 Rankings
2015-16 Season Final Edition
- Undefeated season
- Class 2A State Champs
- Junior trio — Wright, Gray, Gadsen — helped Dillard dominate South Florida all season
- Class 6A State Champs
- Magical run by Coach of the year and player of the year Devin Barta and 6’3″ senior Myron Dewar.
- Class 8A State Champs, first in school history
- Lawton Williams fell short of capturing a seventh state title, running into Dillard in regional finals.
- District Champs, Miami signee Dewan Huell dominated senior season helping Norland reach the top of the Respect 25 for a bulk of the season.
- Fell short in Class 3A title game after outstanding playoff run
- Team filled with underclassmen — Jerald Butler, Zach Scott, Paul Atkinson — and will be back next year
- Melvin Randall captured what he says is his sweetest title — his seventh — in potentially his best job of the legend’s career. A young team filled with underclassmen continues the Ely winning tradition.
- Class 7A State Champs
- Senior Keith Stewart and Junior Zack Dawson had dominating seasons to lead South Miami to Lakeland.
- Fell short in the 8A state semifinals.
- Senior Justin Brown had a stellar season, dropping 33 points in the 4A Regional finals as the Warriors upset Saint Andrews on the road
- Westminster led late, but eventually fell in the 4A State semifinals.
- Wellington came so close to heading to Lakeland to defend their title, leading by 16 midway through the third quarter before falling in double overtime to the eventual 8A champs Coral Springs in the regional finals
- Trio Trent Frazier, Lester Gates, and Alex Dieudonne was a force all year long in Palm Beach hoops.
- Head coach Warren Gale did yet another phenomenal job by taking McArthur to the regional finals with an undersized, young group.
- Fell to eventual 7A champs Blanche Ely in the regional finals.
ABOUT THE REPORTER
Jesse Nadelman is a 17-year old reporter for R.M.F. Magazine who currently is a junior at North Broward Prep. Growing up in South Florida, Jesse has grown an intense passion for sports media. He covers all of South Florida’s top high school basketball teams and events for R.M.F. In addition to contributing to R.M.F, Jesse also writes for Rant Sports, covers South Florida High School football and baseball, and currently holds Press Credentials and access for University of Miami Football games.
You could follow Jesse on twitter: @Nadelman99